Marcus Samuelsson’s Crab Fried Rice
This savory rice dish with global flavors features Ben’s Original™ Ready Rice™ Jasmine Rice, fragrant lemongrass, diced sausage and a generous portion of lump crab served atop crisp lettuce.
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 (1/2-inch) piece ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 stalks lemongrass, finely chopped, if that is hard to find in your local market consider lime
- 1/2 cup diced Chinese duck sausage or dry Spanish chorizo
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 pouch Ben’s Original™ Ready Rice™ Jasmine
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sambal oelek, if that is hard to find in your local market consider Sriracha sauce
- Pinch of sugar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 6 scallions, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 8 ounces jumbo lump crabmeat
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 limes, quartered
- Boston, Bibb or Iceberg Lettuce
Ben’s Original™ Ready Rice™ Jasmine Rice
1 Heat the olive oil in a large skillet set over medium heat. Add the garlic, ginger, lemongrass, sausage, and curry powder, and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes, or until fragrant.
2 Add the rice to the skillet and stir until all the rice is separated into grains. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the rice is hot, 2 to 3 minutes.
3 Combine the soy sauce, sambal oelek, sugar and a pinch each of salt and pepper in a small cup, then add it to the rice. Cook, stirring for another minute.
4 Pour the eggs over the rice and let it sit for about a minute. Stir the eggs into the rice and turn off the heat. Fold in the scallions and half of the crabmeat. Let sit for another minute. Taste the rice and season it with salt and pepper or more soy sauce.
5 Spoon the rice onto a platter. Scatter the remaining crab and cilantro over the top and garnish with the lime wedges. Set out a plate of lettuce leaves so you can spoon the rice into the leaves. Wrap and Enjoy.