Easy Chicken Fried Rice
This easy one-pan recipe goes to together in just minutes for a complete meal made from pantry staples that the whole family will enjoy.
- 2 pouches Ben’s Original™ READY RICE™, Long Grain White
- 2 Tbsp cooking oil
- 1 8-ounce can sliced water chestnuts
- 1 cup chicken breast meat, cooked and cut in cubes
- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 2 1/2 Tbsp soy sauce, reduced sodium
- 1 1/2 Tbsp garlic powder
- 2 large eggs
Ben’s Original™ Ready Rice™ Long Grain White Rice
1 Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Massage pouches of rice to separate grains. Pour into skillet, cook 7 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
2 Stir in water chestnuts, chicken, peas and carrots, soy sauce and garlic powder. Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until hot, stirring occasionally.
3 Push rice mixture to one side of the skillet. Add the eggs to empty side and quickly stir to scramble without mixing into the rice. Once eggs are set, stir into the rice mixture, remove from heat and serve.
- CALORIES: 290
- TOTAL FAT: 11g - 14%
- TRANS FAT: 11g
- SODIUM: 520mg - 23%
- TOTAL CARBOHYDRATES: 29g - 11%
- DIETARY FIBER: 4g - 14%
- TOTAL SUGARS: 1g
- PROTEIN: 19g