Ben’s Original™ Chicken Fried Rice
In just a few minutes, you and your family could be digging into a warm and savory mix of chicken, rice and veggies.
- 4 cups Ben’s Original™ Long Grain White Rice, cooked
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 3 large bell peppers, cut in half lengthwise and seeds removed
- 2 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 cups onion, chopped
- 1 cups celery
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 (14 ounce) can chopped tomatoes, low sodium, drained
- 1/4 cups parsley, chopped
- 1 Teaspoon dry rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 cups cornflakes, crushed
Ben’s Original™ Parboiled Long Grain White Rice
1 Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a rectangular baking dish and place peppers, cut side down, in the baking dish and place inside the oven while it preheats to soften the peppers, about 10-15 minutes.
2 Cook rice according to package instructions.
3 Heat a large skillet and 2 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Sauté onion, celery and garlic until tender, about 5 minutes. Add corn, tomatoes, parsley, rosemary, salt, and cooked rice to the skillet, stirring until heated through, about 2 minutes.
4 Sprinkle crushed cornflakes over the peppers, return to oven and bake uncovered 12-15 minutes.
- CALORIES: 510
- TOTAL FAT : 12g - 15%
- SATURATED FAT : 2g - 10%
- TRANS FAT : 0g
- CHOLESTEROL : 135mg - 45%
- SODIUM: 370mg - 16%
- TOTAL CARBOHYDRATES: 76g - 28%
- DIETARY FIBER: 4g - 14%
- TOTAL SUGARS: 1g
- PROTEIN: 25g