Ben's Original™ One-Pot Spanish Style Chicken & Whole Grain
With chicken, beans and flavorful rice, this Spanish-inspired meal is so simple and so hearty at the same time.
- 1 cup Ben’s Original™ Instant Brown Rice
- 1 Tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 pound chicken thighs, boneless & skinless
- 2 Teaspoons paprika*
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 (14.5ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 1/2 cup chicken broth, low sodium or water
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- Optional garnish: sliced red bell pepper, parsley, lemon wedges
BEN'S ORIGINAL™ Instant Brown Rice
1 Combine salt with 1 Teaspoon of the paprika, sprinkle evenly over chicken.
2 Heat 1 Tablespoon olive oil in a large cast iron or heavy skillet with a lid over medium-high heat. Add seasoned chicken to the hot pan and brown 2-3 minutes.
3 Turn chicken, add garlic and remaining 1 Teaspoon paprika to the pan and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add diced tomatoes, chicken broth, and rice. Mix well and arrange chicken on top of rice.
4 Bring to a boil, sprinkle with peas, then cover and reduce heat to simmer for 12-15 minutes, or until rice is tender and chicken is cooked through. Garnish with optional ingredients if desired and serve hot.
- CALORIES: 390
- TOTAL FAT: 10g - 13%
- SATURATED FAT: 2g - 10%
- TRANS FAT: 0g
- CHOLESTEROL: 105mg - 35%
- SODIUM: 600mg - 26%
- TOTAL CARBOHYDRATES: 47g - 17%
- DIETARY FIBER: 4g - 14%
- TOTAL SUGARS: 5g
- PROTEIN: 29g