All American Stuffed Peppers
This recipe is as American as cornflakes because of the not-so-secret ingredient that gives this dish its unique flavor.
- 4 cups Ben’s Original™ Long Grain White Rice, cooked
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 3 large bell peppers, cut in half lengthwise and seeds removed
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 (14 ounce) can chopped tomatoes, low sodium, drained
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 Teaspoon dry rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 cup cornflakes, crushed
Ben’s Original™ Parboiled Long Grain White Rice
1 Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a rectangular baking dish and place peppers, cut side down, in the baking dish and place inside the oven while it preheats to soften the peppers, about 10-15 minutes.
2 Cook rice according to package instructions.
3 Heat a large skillet and 2 Tablespoons butter over medium heat. Sauté onion, celery and garlic until tender, about 5 minutes. Add corn, tomatoes, parsley, rosemary, salt and cooked rice to the skillet, stirring until heated through, about 2 minutes.
4 Remove baking dish from the oven, carefully turn peppers so the cut side is up, and fill each with an equal portion of the rice mixture.
5 Sprinkle crushed cornflakes over the peppers, return to oven and bake uncovered 12-15 minutes.
- CALORIES: 210
- TOTAL FAT: 4g - 5%
- SATURATED FAT: 2.5g - 13%
- TRANS FAT: 0g
- CHOLESTEROL: 10mg - 3%
- SODIUM: 470mg - 20%
- TOTAL CARBOHYDRATES: 39g - 14%
- DIETARY FIBER: 3g - 11%
- TOTAL SUGARS: 7g
- PROTEIN: 5g