Wild Rice Chicken Supreme
A tasty, mouth-watering rice and chicken casserole.
- 1 box Ben’s Original™ Long Grain & Wild Rice, Original Recipe
- 3 Tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup 2% Milk
- 1 cup chicken broth, low sodium
- 2 cups chicken breast meat, cooked and chopped
- 2 cups red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup almonds, slivered
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
Ben’s Original™ Long Grain & Wild Rice Original Recipe
1 Preheat oven to 425°F.
2 Cook rice and contents of seasoning packet according to package directions.
3 While rice is cooking, melt the butter in a large saucepan. Add onion and red bell pepper, cook over low heat until tender. Stir in flour, salt and pepper.
4 Gradually stir in milk and broth. Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
5 Remove from heat, stir in chicken, parsley, almonds, and cooked rice.
6 Pour into a 2-quart baking dish, top with panko bread crumbs, and bake for 20 minutes uncovered.
- CALORIES: 380
- TOTAL FAT : 17g - 22%
- SATURATED FAT : 6g - 30%
- TRANS FAT : 0g
- CHOLESTEROL : 60mg - 20%
- SODIUM: 600mg - 26%
- TOTAL CARBOHYDRATES: 36g - 13%
- DIETARY FIBER: 2g - 7%
- TOTAL SUGARS: 6g
- PROTEIN: 22g"